Ryron Gracie and Rener Gracie of Gracie Academy are probably the most energetic people when talking about what they love most, Brazilian Jui-Jitsu. They both come from an important lineage in MMA being that their father helped start the UFC. I love what they’re doing with YouTube by breaking down how Brazilian Jui-Jitus has been used in some of the biggest fights in MMA.
If you’re not into Brazilian Jui-Jitsu or the ground game while you’re watching MMA, watch these five videos below. You’ll get a new sense of appreciation on how BJJ is being used. I personally love the Fedor vs. Werdum and Silva vs. Sonnen breakdowns — both triangle chokes.
1. Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy (UFC 111)
2. Fedor Emelianenko vs. Fabricio Werdum (SF: Fedor vs. Werdum)
3. Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin (UFC 116)
4. Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (UFC 117)
5. Penn vs. Hughes / Rampage vs. Machida (UFC 123)
QUESTION: Do you appreciate Brazilian Jui-Jitsu a little bit more now?