All I have to say is UFC 129 is going to be one of the biggest events in MMA history because (1) there’s over 55,000+ fans watching it live in Toronto, and (2) MMA has been the most popular it’s ever been. Definitely don’t miss this because everyone is going to want to shine during this amazing event.
The time is now for the biggest UFC fight in company history, literally. Over 55,000+ will witness the largest MMA event in North American history for UFC 129. There’s 10 Canadian fighters fighting in front of them home-country fans, so I see the atmosphere being electric and very, very loud. If there’s any event you’d want your friends to see to get excited about MMA — this would be a great event to hopefully do that.
1. Jake Shields will shock the world again…like he always does.
Jake Shields is going to surprise everyone. I was initially thinking Georges St. Pierre was going to win this fight easily, but something in my gut really changed my mind. It really comes down to Jake Shields overwhelmingly better Brazilian Jui-Jitsu ground game. GSP’s wrestling and striking may be better than Shields, but it only takes one mistake to turn it all around. Shields is going to see that one mistake and he’ll capitalize like he always does. And when that moment comes, the crowd is going to be in shock.
Prediction: Jake Shields over Georges St. Pierre via submission
2. Jose Aldo cancel out Hominick’s strength with his own striking
Mark Hominick definitely has a puncher’s chance to catch Jose Aldo during this fight. His hands are fast and very precise, so if Aldo doesn’t keep the pressure on — I can see Hominick doing some damage. Although, I don’t see Aldo letting up at all. I actually see him pushing the fight like we’ve never seen him before and stifling Hominick’s striking with overwhelming pressure.
Prediction: Jose Aldo over Mark Hominick via TKO
3. Randy Couture shows why he’s still a top 10 Light Heavyweight
The key for Randy Couture in this fight is to get close to Lyoto Machida and stick to him like glue. On the other hand, Machida’s key to this fight is to keep his distance and cause disruptive striking by keeping the distance. Whoever is able to overwhelming fight his game is going to come out on top. With that said, I think Couture is going to implement his game better than Machida will — like he always does.
Prediction: Randy Couture over Lyoto Machida via decision
Another great UFC event in the books with UFC on Versus 2. I’ll be giving you a taste of the results associated with the predictions I made earlier this week. You’ll notice the prediction scorecard I have on the right column — it keeps me honest. I leave this event with a 3-2 record.
1. Jon Jones manhandles Vladimir Matyushenko Jon Jones completely overwhelmed Vladimir Matyushenko in way where it looked like it was another day in the gym. There was a sense of ease while watching him take him down, then the monster came out when the vicious elbows started to reigning down on “The Janitor’s” head. There’s no question Jones is a Top 10 Light Heavyweight. Who’s next?
(+1) Prediction: Jon Jones wins over Vladimir Matyushenko
2. Yushin Okami stuffs all of Mark Munoz’s wrestling Yushin Okami looked relax and comfortable in the ring. He also looked big and strong, which came into play when Mark Munoz went for his takedowns. Yushin literally stuffed and nullified “The Filipino Wrecking Machine’s” biggest part of his game, wrestling. It seemed like he knew exactly when a shot would come and sprawled beautifully. It was kind of shocking to see a split decision win, but when you leave it to the judges — things can happen.
(-1) Prediction: Mark Munoz wins over Yushin Okami
1. Jon Jones takes a beating, but pulls off submission Jon “Bones” Jones will finally be taken down and be on the receiving end of some ground and pound. Going against Vladimir Matyushenko, former IFL Light Heavyweight Champion, he will underestimate Vladimir’s shot. Scrambling on the ground, Jon Jones will go for multiple submissions and will end up finishing the fight with a beautiful triangle choke. He’ll be on his way to becoming the future Light Heavyweight Champion in the UFC.
2. Mark Munoz becomes a Top Middleweight Contender Wrestler against wrestler. Mark Munoz will show why American wrestling trumps all. They will both want to take it to the ground, but the Filipino Wrecking Machine will be successful and put on a clinic on the ground. It will be a devastating exhibition of ground and pound with Yushin Okami taking a beating he never saw coming. He’ll be up to face the upper echelon of Middleweights next.